Friday, July 16, 2010

On Your mark, get set....

We leave Monday. It is amazing that the time is here already. Our house is a blurr of action - suitcases are being packed, Spanish worship songs are being practiced, prayer lists are being updated and we are trying to spend time together as a family.

Emily is very excited. She is also nervous for the trip. She is nervous to say goodbye to her family and for the things she will see in Guatmala. I asked her for her prayer requests tonight and what she wanted me to pass on and this is what she said:  I would like prayers for our safety and health. I would also like prayers that God would lead us to those that need to know him and that we would have the right words to say to them.

I have been to Guatemala several times and I have traveled to many other countries so the act of traveling is not a stretch for me. But, I find myself challenged a bit this time in ways I have never been. I am taking my child into a foreign country where the unexpected can happen. I find myself feeling a bit of apprehension. But I'm quickly reminded of who is in control and that He cares for Emily more than I and will wrap His loving arms of protection around her.

This weekend we will finish preparing our supplies but most importantly we will continue to prepare our hearts. We will take moments to stop and remember the reason we go, the call we have and thank God for the honor of serving him in the way AND doing it together - what an amazing gift God has given to me!

Thank you for supporting us in your prayers as we prepare. We will update you as much as we can on our Guatemalan adventures.

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited for both of you and will be praying during your journey. I know God will be working and I look forward to hearing about what he's doing in and through you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you had a blog, Renae! Cool, I will add it to my blog list. I love blogging!

    I will definitely be praying for you on your trip. How amazing to take Emily, she is such a sweet girl. I also didn't realize the blanket drive was for you guys! We took a huge garbage bag of baby blankets that I was going to take to the NICU. But Sadie and I decided the babies in Guatemala need them more. :)

    Have a wonderful trip!!

    ReplyDelete