Monday, July 19, 2010

We are here!

What a wonderful day we had! Most travel days I experience I can't say that but today I can. It has been incredible to watch Emily all day. Everything was so full of excitement for her! There was some concern for our airplane in PDX (some system was rebooting correctly). After about 10 minutes of waiting on the plane I leaned over to Emily and said, "We should pray!". So sweet Emily did and just about when she got to "Amen". The captain came on and said all systems were running correctly and we were leaving PDX. I loved seeing God work through that situation showing Emily how he loves her so much, cares for her, hears her prayers and answers her prayers. What a great lesson as she steps into her first mission trip.



We met up with my great friend Amy Norton that is leading the trip in Dallas. Her daughter Madeliene is Emily's age and is on the trip also. I'm pretty sure Emily and Madeliene have covered every topic imaginable since they met. I'm seeing an amazing friendship building. There are 11 of us total on the team. Two of the girls are acutally teenagers (16 and 17). They are being so sweet the pre-teen girls - I'm looking forward to seeing the two ages serve together and grow together.

Today ended wonderfully for me as I'm laying my head down in a place I haven't been to in 5 years. Guatemala is where my passion for global missions was birthed. Walking through the hotel today was like coming home - what a wonderful gift to be reminded of all the great work I've witnessed in Guatemala over the years.

We start early in the morning so I'll sign off for tonight. Thank you for all your prayers and support - keep them coming! I can't wait to see all the sweet faces tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Ok - thanks for making me tear up! I can imagine you walking through the Vista and God flooding your heart with love. He birthed the passion for missions that you house and I am so grateful He did; what a difference you have made!

    I pray the now Emily will be sparked with her own passion for God's people and work.

    Blessings - Melinda

    ReplyDelete